Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pudding Painting

I wanted to do an art activity with Baby Bear, but I needed something that was safe for him to put in his mouth (the inevitable result). I found this idea for pudding painting, and it was perfect for my son who was 10 months old at the time. All I did was make a box of instant chocolate pudding (I used about 1/4 less milk so it was thicker) and grab a sheet of card stock. At a later date, I used a chocolate pudding cup instead, and this proved to be even easier and accomplished the same result.

Baby Bear was apprehensive to make a mess at first, but he enjoyed squishing the pudding in his hands. It was a great tactile, exploration activity.

Pretty soon the pudding was all over the paper and all over him. This painting project is definitely best done outdoors. We let him play in his baby pool after this.
Idea credit: The Imagination Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment