Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 Day Challenge Part E

Day 10: Mixing Concoctions
For this challenge, Baby Bear got to see what happens when you mix vinegar and baking soda! I was curious what his reaction would be. Surprise? Amazement? Confusion? Maybe a little of these, but mostly, Baby Bear was intrigued.

 I knew this activity would only last about 5 minutes, so I planned a painting activity for afterward. I was so disappointed that I didn't read about this day's challenge before heading to the store, because Baby Bear and I would have mixed cornstarch with water (what my science teacher called "Goo Yuck") instead of painting. I was out of cornstarch, though. Oh, well... another day! :)

Baby Bear adding a handful of baking soda to blue vinegar

Playing with the foam that erupted

He really liked watching it bubble over the top of the container!

Days 11 & 12: Outdoor Adventures, Field Trip
Normally, playing outside is a daily activity for Baby Bear and I if the weather is nice, and sometimes even when it is not. On this day, though, Baby Bear was running a high fever and didn't want to do anything but snuggle and build with blocks, so we skipped playing outside. Today, for Field Trip day, our "field trip" was to the doctor. You better believe we'll be coming back to these activities later, once Baby Bear is feeling better, though! I think these are great play time activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment