Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recycling Blocks

As our unseasonably warm January weather draws to a close, I find myself busy trying to come up with new ways to entertain Baby Bear indoors. Today, I went for the recycling. Even though Christmas was more than two weeks ago, we still have an abnormally large number of boxes sitting in our recycling pile. I taped some of the boxes shut, and Baby Bear and I had fun using them as giant blocks!

We could have spent some time wrapping the boxes in leftover wrapping paper or painting them, but that seemed wasteful and defeated the purpose of recycling. Perhaps if we planned on keeping them around for a while this would have been another fun activity.

The boxes varied in size, so Baby Bear and I had fun experimenting with stacking them in different ways. It was like a baby physics lesson. :)

Baby Bear helped stack a little...
...but mostly, he had fun knocking down Mama Bear's towers. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment