Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Bartholomew and the Oobleck" Activity

To go along with the Dr. Seuss book Bartholomew and the Oobleck, I mixed corn starch, water, and a few drops of food coloring. I poured about a cup of corn starch into a bowl and then added water little by little, very slowly until it was just barely hard to the touch but still "melted" in my fingers. I know this activity is an old one (I remember doing this when I was in grade school), but it was new to my Baby Bear, and he loved it! He played with his oobleck for at least half an hour and probably would have played longer if we hadn't needed to clean up to get around for something else. The good news is, the corn starch and water clean up easily. The bad news is I used more than two drops of food coloring and have smurf hands now. Oops! Baby Bear's came off better because he got to play in the bath tub after this, so I guess a little extra effort will help. Hehe!





No comments:

Post a Comment