Friday, February 3, 2012

Heart Meatball Spaghetti

I'm not really a big fan of Valentine's Day, but I do love all the creative opportunities it presents. The other day while browsing the Disney Junior site, I came across this idea for spaghetti with heart meatballs and thought it was just perfect for Baby Bear since he loves spaghetti. I made the meatball mix (I use ground turkey instead of ground beef) and shaped a few hearts by hand. They didn't turn out an ideal heart shape, but hey, I was sculpting with meat! :) The next day I needed to get some stuff for a Heart Month luncheon and decided to do the meatballs again, but I bought a heart cookie cutter for this batch. The hearts came out better and tasted just as delicious. It was a cute meal for upcoming Valentine's Day and Heart Month.




No comments:

Post a Comment