Monday, March 12, 2012

Reverse Rainbow

Getting Baby Bear to paint the colors of the rainbow in order, or even just in an arc, wasn't really a possibility. So, we made a reverse rainbow picture. I drew a rainbow, sun, and clouds with white crayon on a white paper. Next, I made some water colors (with a little less corn starch and a little more vinegar) and colored them red, yellow, green, and blue. The plan was to have Baby Bear paint the colors of the rainbow around the rainbow. Then, Baby Bear took my plans, scrapped them, and ran with his own. My son is an original, that's for sure. :)

This is how the paints started out...
... and this is how they ended! At least some of it got on the paper. :)  I used the paintbrush to smooth the paint across the paper as Baby Bear poured onto the paper. It wasn't at all what I intended, but he had so much fun! Plus, we still ended up with a St. Patrick's Day rainbow picture... a Baby Bear original!


2 comments:

  1. The original children are the most fun! Take it from me. I have an original too! Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He seems enthralled with the activity, and the picture looks pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete