Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Homemade Popsicles

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I took the long weekend off from blogging to enjoy some extra family time with Papa Bear and Baby Bear. It was a very hot weekend with temperatures already reaching into the 90s around here! One of the ways we stayed cool was by eating these homemade popsicles.

For most of our popsicles, I froze an organic berry protein juice. With Baby Bear's two-year molars starting to come in, he hasn't been eating very well lately, so this was a good way to help him get some of those nutrients he's been missing as well as help sooth his tender gums. For a couple of the popsicles, I decided to try an idea I saw on 40 Fun Ways to Feed Your Kids, and I made a pea-sicle using water and frozen peas. It sounds weird, but when your child is going through a very picky eater stage, you'll try just about anything. As an experiment, I cooked some of the peas from the frozen peas bag and set them on Baby Bear's dinner plate the same day I planned on giving him the pea-sicle. He didn't eat the peas on his plate, but he ate more than half of his pea-sicle! I guess it just goes to show that presentation and form count for a lot when feeding a toddler!



1 comment:

  1. We make smoothie popsicles from frozen fruit, greek yogurt, and milk. I love the pea-sicle idea for 2yo molars.

    ReplyDelete