Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Olympics Painting for Toddlers

With the summer Olympics coming up, I thought I'd start doing a few Olympic-themed activities here and there. One of the first images that pops into my head when I think of the Olympics is the symbol with the interlocking rings. So, I grabbed one of Baby Bear's small plastic cups, set out a piece of construction paper, and poured the colors of the rings into a paint tray. I had intended on doing two paintings with Baby Bear: one with the rings painted to look like the symbol and one free-style for Baby Bear to do how he liked. As soon as he saw the cup and paint, though, he happily started stamping away! It didn't exactly turn out like the Olympic rings, but we did get to talk about circles and colors as he stamped. Plus, he had a ton of fun painting circles all over his paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment