Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Examining a Squash

Until last week, my son refused to eat squash. On the day we examined a squash as one of our fall activities, he ate a big bowl full and loved it... but only on that one day. He's back to not eating it again. What was different about that day you ask? He got to be a part of the entire process of making squash. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

Baby Bear, this is a squash the way it looks when it is picked from a garden, before it's cooked.

This is the inside of the squash. Do you see all the seeds?

How does the squash smell?

How does the inside of the squash feel?

Now let's place the squash in the dish so it can be cooked.

(Nearly 1 1/2 hours later) Look, Baby Bear! Our squash is cooked! Let's stir in a little butter, sugar, and cinnamon.

Mmm, yummy squash!
And that is how I got my Baby Bear to eat squash, at least for one day. I may need to get him to help me cook veggies more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment